April 30, 2014

BACK IN ATHENS


Standing in front of the Parthenon on the Acropolis
dating back to 400 BC was out of this world!!!!




 



















 



I can't believe our Greece adventure is coming to an end...
I don't want to leave! I don't want to leave and go back to reality! EEEVVEER
I just want to move here! It truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth!

I have so many things to talk about Greece...
but today's blog post is about our last couple of days in Greece - Athens.
After heavenly beautiful Santorini and paradise fun Mykonos
were back in Athens for 2days.


Our first stop was the Acropolis since it was closed that day we were here.
 It was an amazing experience to be there...
The rich Greek mythology and the history! So interesting!
Next, standing in-front of the The Parthenon, temple of Poseidon, 
temple of Athena, the Stadium, etc. So cool!
Lastly, knowing that all of this have been here dating back 400 BC! BANANAS!
Loved every moment of it! Again, great experience!

After the Acropolis we walked around Athens and let me tell you...

Athens is a very dirty dirty city! It wasn't a pretty site...
I mean, vendors everywhere, the busy busy streets,taxis for days!
 It certainly wasn't paradise.

Next, we visited the Athens Parliament.

There we saw the royal parliament guards -
Elite members of the Greek Royal Army who stand watch over the
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and they don't move ALL DAY!!!!
Like, you can take pictures and pose with them all you want,
And, they wont move AT ALL!!!

So... embarassing, ignorant me...
I saluted as I was taking a picture w/ the guard 

and the guard slammed his rifle on the ground!
So I was asked to come down! #EMBARASSING!
Apparently you're not allowed to salute when you're taking pictures with them
Why? I have no idea... Google won't tell me! #LOL

Then at night we went to Plaka

A cool street in Athens with restaurants and shops...
There we had our last supper and had a total Greek experience!
We were smashing plates on the ground, yelled "YAMAS"
Drank ouzo... Danced greek style... Listened to live Greek music...
So much fun! That was the perfect ending!
OPA!!!